Thread: Block Google Adsense Ads on Error Pages mod for vBulletin by BOP5

1. Block Google Adsense Ads on Error Pages mod for vBulletin by BOP5 Details »»

Block Google Adsense Ads on Error Pages mod for vBulletin by BOP5

Developer Last Online: Feb 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Category: VB3 & VB4
      vB Version: 5.x.x Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 1
      Released: 01-31-2018 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
      Supported Uses Plugins Re-useable Code

I have been made aware that vBulletin 3 and 4 Administrators who use Google Adsense ads in positions like the header, navbar, and/or footer are getting warnings from Google that ads are appearing on error pages (such as "No Permission" pages) which lack any real content, in violation of Adsense Terms of Service. Google threatens to suspend your Adsense account if this is not fixed.

Put simply this mod attempts to kill Adsense ads from loading in the easiest possible way.

When an error page is detected the plugin will search for the code "adsbygoogle.js" which all current Adsense ads call on to load. If found it will delete the filename so the file is never called by the browser and never loaded on the page, thereby preventing the Adsense Ads from showing.

If you find it useful please consider making a donation by the Buy/Donate link to keep me making more free mods.

There are no real instructions and no options. Install the mod from Product Manager in the Admin CP and it is active. Disable the mod from Product Manager to turn it off or uninstall it to remove it. No permanent changes are made to your site or files.

This only works for Google Adsense. If there is demand I may be able to block ads from additional sources if you can provide me with sample ad code for those ad providers.

Download Now

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Similar Mod

Last Post
    Replies
    Type
    Developer
    Mod
    01:06 PM 08-02-2012
    Free vBulletin Mods (3.x and 4.x)
    BirdOPrey5
    04:59 PM 07-29-2012
    BirdOPrey5
    06:27 PM 05-16-2015
    BirdOPrey5
    07:08 PM 01-03-2015
    BirdOPrey5
    Works just fine out of the box on error pages.

What about pages like Settings or Private Messages? Shouldn't those also be blocked, technically?

Those could be blocked with THIS_SCRIPT and template conditionals, but sure, it would make sense to expand it as options in this mod. At the time I was just worried about a quick fix for error pages.
    -Joe